The restructuring of municipalities and local governmental structures, central government funding, EU grants or international development agencies and integrating public services with private sector providers are only some of the challenges our public sector clients face.
BDO’s Public Sector Practice serves a wide variety of clients across many levels of government. In addition to our central and local government clients, we also serve a variety of governmental structures, associations and organizations, drawing on deep experience to provide innovative solutions.
Our team focuses on providing external audit, internal audit and consulting services to authorities in all areas of local and central government.
In addition to our audit and consulting services, we provide a number of related services, including:
- Grant funding certification and assurance – we can undertake assurance reviews and provide agreed upon procedures reports and opinions tailored to different grant schemes, including national government funding, EU grants and international development schemes (ISAE 3000 and ISRE 2400 engagements);
- Technical advice and support on accounting issues – Non-audit clients value our assistance with accounts preparation and our advice on technical accounting issues, such as consolidation of entities and valuation issues.
- Strategy development and implementation;
- Design and implementation of whole system transformation;
- Performance improvement and cost reduction;
- Strengthening governance and internal controls;
- Supporting complex procurement, etc.